Managing Conflicts of Interest
Priority of the Clients Interest
- An agent must not knowingly prejudice the interests of a client or consumer for personal gain.
- An agent must not take advantage of a client's or an insured's inexperience, ill health or lack of sophistication.
- An agent must be both candid and honest when advising the client or consumer.
- An agent must act with integrity, competence and the utmost good faith.
Disclosure of Conflict or Potential Conflict of Interest
- Methods of compensation - Commission Schedule
- Automobile 5-10 %
- Property 12.5-22.5%
- Liability 12.5-22.5%
- We do not offer any contingent profit commission or bonuses other than those offered in our commission schedule.
- An agent should conduct fact finding appropriate to the circumstances and
assessment of the client's insurance needs.
- Needs assessment should be flexible - the assessment should reflect factors including
the underlying risk, the client's objective and complexity of the product being sold.
- An agent product recommendation should meet the client's needs.
PROFILE | PRODUCTS | AGENTS
TIPS & RESOURCES | NEWSLETTER
Bertie and Clinton
1789 Merrittville Hwy., R.R. #2
Welland, Ontario Canada L3B 5N5
Tel: (905) 892-0606 Toll Free: (800) 263-0494 Fax: (905) 892-0365
© Bertie and Clinton Mutual
Insurance Company. 1999-2008. All Rights Reserved.